The Sri Chinmoy Centre (est 1983) is a leading teaching centre in meditation. Our many free meditation courses are very practical and are designed to teach you how to make meditation a part of your own life, thus, will enable you to discover firsthand the many benefits of meditation. You will learn life skills essential to achieving a peaceful and happy inner life – and so a fulfilling outer life.
What we offer
Free meditation classes and workshops:
- Several free concerts are offered in Auckland every year, featuring the unearthly beauty of Sri Chinmoy’s meditation music. Use the form below to enquire about upcoming concerts.
If you like the great outdoors, you’ll enjoy our weekend excursions out into the Waitakere Ranges. Most weekends we have walking / jogging options over some of the 300kms of bush trails and walks. Use the form below to get a weekend update.
Meditation and physical fitness
Sri Chinmoy strongly encouraged us to keep ourselves fit, and felt that sports (especially running) was an important part of an integral spiritual life. As well as keeping us fit and healthy, sports also offer the opportunity to transcend ourselves and explore the limits of the possible.
- Join our 2 mile fun run: Offered every Saturday or Sunday morning at different parks and locations– an informal free run to promote physical fitness and self-transcendence. All welcome – simply turn up and try to beat your own time each week! Use the form below for weekend updates.
- Sri Chinmoy also encouraged us to organise races for the general public; a few times a year we organise races ranging from kid’s 2.5k races to half-marathons at the Auckland Domain and the War Memorial Park, Mt Roskil. Check out our Auckland race schedule
- Sri Chinmoy’s interest in sport as a vehicle for human potential has also led us to get involved in the world of ultradistance running; we also organise the official NZ national 12 and 24 hour race; if you want to see what self-transcendence is all about, then why not come by and cheer on the runners….
- Sri Chinmoy believed that meditation and spirituality could be brought into pretty much any field, and so we organise events ranging from displays of meditative artworks to poetry festivals to peace torch relays across the length of New Zealand; the spiritual life is never boring!
Find out more